Thursday, March 15, 2012

Near Hysterics, Denial, Acceptance...Whatever

I received a minor in psychology only because a minor was required to graduate. As a Texans fan, I've been able to use my easy B minor to various degrees.

Usually I apply my psychology knowledge to myself as I got through mental anguish, pain, joy, bed wetting, chronic masturbation and occasional enjoyment of the Texans.

Allow me to reach into my bag of self analysis again as it pertains to the Houston Texans and free agency. In the last entry, I talked myself out of a mental breakdown.  This entry I move on to the next stages.

Hysterics
I worked the graveyard shift last night.  When I woke up this afternoon, I eagerly jumped on the internet in hopes of reading that Chris Myers and/or Mike Brisiel re-signed. NO! They hadn't. Worse news that Myers scheduled a visit with the hated Titans and Brisiel with the inept Raiders.


Denial 
Next came denial. It's a negotiation ploy. Myers thinks highly of himself and will return with tail between his legs. Brisiel has connections to the Raiders staff. I'm came up with reasons to justify the visits. I wanted to deny they would dare leave. I wanted to justify my feelings of near panic. I didn't want to face reality.

In psychology that is called a defense mechanism. Basically it's a technical way to say I'm burying my head in the sand.

Acceptance
Finally, it started to set in that three fifths of maybe the best offensive line in football was breaking up. I further tried to convince myself that Rashard Butler and Antoine Caldwell will be adequate replacements. I have to believe that because right now it's the reality of the situation.

I'm finally starting to accept the fact that I'm going to be a chronic masturbating, bed wetting Houston Texans.

No comments:

Post a Comment