Thursday, December 17, 2009

Week 15 - Sleepiness With Seattle

Note: I wrote a week 14 edition but evidently I never posted it.

It was going to be one of those games. What games you ask? Well for starters, which Texans team is going to show up? Will they show up in the first half and go home? Or get to the game late and play the second half? Will they build a big lead and blow it? Or did they stop caring in Jacksonville last week?

Friends, Romans, Countrymen

Well something to that effect. Gary Kubiak made an impassioned speech Saturday night before the game and fired up the team to victory.

So that begs me to ask...Where the f**k was that passion, oh, about the time of the NY Jets game? Or even a week ago at Jacksonville? Or the Monday Nighter against the Titans? Or both Colts games? Or or or...you get the picture.

Why do they wait until they are pretty much out of playoff contention to get fired up? That fire should have been in the belly from game one.

Back to the Game
Outstanding opening play. Obviously. The Texans went to a quick count and caught the Seattle defense napping. Matt Schaub hit Andre Johnson down the sideline for a long TD pass on the first play from scrimmage.

The offense played a near flawless first half. Not much to nit pick at. I could rant and rave about a run game but that's beating my head against a dead horse.

The Run Game
Okay, I'll touch on something quickly about the running attack. Besides that it still sucks.

For crying out loud just freakin' hold onto the damn ball. Ryan Moats coughed it up (you know the savior of the run game after the Bills win).

The bright side is Arian Foster didn't fumble. And he had a nice day catching the ball to boot. I'd give him a game ball for not fumbling but with my luck he'd fumble the game ball.

F for Effort
Was anyone really trying for the Seahawks? Matt Hasselbeck appeared to me as the only player on offense making any effort.

Despite the long TD to start off with, I thought Marcus Trufant played a decent game too. Where the f**k was Aaron Curry? I think I heard his name called once. Or did he even play? I'm not sure anymore.

Unless Mike Holmgren is the new GM in Seattle, Jim Mora is probably out as head coach.

A for Effort
The Seattle fans behind me sure gave all they got cheering for their team. It might have been a game if the players put that much effort into the game.

It was three ladies, probably around 50-ish, cheering for the 'hawks. One of them went missing before kick off. She made it back right before the end of the 1st quarter.

One asked,"Where have you been?"

She replied,"Looking for the right beer and it took me five tries.

The other lady said,"Five?"

"Yup, this is my fifth one. And it's good."

Yeah lady, five beers in a quarter and I'm pretty sure it would taste good to me too. It's the only way I survived the 2-14 season.

Finally Analysis
No new of fresh insight for me to add this late in the week and on the verge of week 16. In a nut shell, the teams boasted a similar record going in but Texans were the superior team. Seattle players looked like they pretty much quit on Mora. The Texans don't appear to have quit on Kubiak. Yet.

Kris Brown has probably brought on some serious contenders next year for the Texans. Clutch field goal misses on top of others he doesn't miss were costly. If the Texans try to up grade on of the Last Original Texans then should expect more of the same. His track record in Pittsburgh speaks the same.

It's a quiet possibility that old Bill Shakespeare makes another appearance this year.

Finally it looks like DGDB&D went dark again. So long guys all though Big Fat Drunk has taken his act over to the Battle Red Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment